Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Difference Between You and Me


I am not weak
U are
I do not go along
U do
I don't do fake or phony. U'll know where I stand
U? It depends on the agenda and ulterior motive
I know am intelligent
U are pleasantly surprised by my intelligence
I do not think I am better than u
U think I am better than u
I am not easily intimidated
U retreat at the first sign of conflict
I am a chameleon. Able to relate with most regardless of socioeconomic make up
U assert the stereotypical things u learned from a college roommate
I am direct, honest, sincere
U are not
I am funny, witty and silly
U need me to start the party
I hold court most every where I go
U affix ur self to me in hopes that some of my sparkle rubs off on u
I am fair, loyal, and generous
U are biased, disloyal and stingy
I am dramatic without being overly emotional
U are emotional and erratic
When I speak, they hear me
When u speak they hear "drama"
My career does not define me
Ur career is all u have
I respect my friends and family
U run from family and use ur friends
I voted for Obama but I know he will not be perfect
U are still stuck on his middle name
U may call me arrogant
I call u unfortunate
I come from kings and queens. The world's first civilizations
U come from where again?
Right, that's the difference between you and me

5 comments:

Rushour said...

Is this an original?

Ms. Nikki said...

All me!!!

Anonymous said...

snap!

Rushour said...

Awesome. I love it. Make sure you get it copyrighted.

Fab Girl said...

I could not have said it better! Two snaps!!!!